Wednesday 24 June 2015

Splurge or Steal?!

Hi Dolls,

If there is one item that you don't mind shelling out your money for, no matter how much it is, what would it be? High brand makeup? Bags? Shoes? Clothes? For me,......it's ALL of them!!!! LOL (told you I'm a Shopaholic)!!
But my current obsession, as of now are bags!! Yup! I'm that girl who has Coach, Michael Kors and Kate Spade purses hanging at the back of her door.

I know it's not about how many brand-name bags you own, but a good structured handbag. And believe me, I know a good deal when I see it.

So, imagine my surprise, when I passed through Payless ShoeSource, located at Price Plaza, Chaguanas and saw this gem!

Christian Siriano handbag- TTD$285.00

Kinda looks like a bag I wished I owned! Feast your eyes on:

Celine Mini Luggage Tote- TTD$19,840.00 (USD$3100.00)(yeh I know!)

Looks quite similar doesn't it? and Yes I grabbed the Christian Siriano handbag immediately. It's a great piece! Holds alot! and I have received quite a few compliments on this too :) 

I consider this a WIN and a STEAL!!!


XOXO,
Kris


4 comments:

  1. KR, the design is quite similar! So I do wonder what the main differences are - what the reason is for the unbelievably high cost of the Celine Tote. One would think it's perhaps the material, finer design details etc... but I have a suspicion that, as it is with art and fashion, it has much to do with brand - the celebrities who own it and the fact that the designer happens to be one of Time's world's 100 most influential people... blah blah... who cares?! I think high fashion is usually just another brand of classism. So my conclusion: the Christian Siriano may be the ideal alternative and indeed a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sasha, I definitely agree....the Celine bag is all about the prestige.....having that big brand name bag..... why spend so much money on a bag where I can purchase a purse that looks quite similar. I have owned the Christian Siriano handbag for over a month now, use it on a daily basis and I have no complaints (and you know how much stuff I carry lol)

      Delete
  2. Awesome steal, finding such a great dupe for an affordable price :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw this, I literally gasped (think the whole of Payless heard me...LOL). It looks so much like the Celine handbag, I had to have it :) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete